Friday, February 4, 2011

My Mission Call!!!

Hey Everyone!
 First post on my new blog! I got my mission call on my little brother's birthday. Funny right?! Of course I didn't expect it today. Expecially since there was at lest 3 inches of snow on the ground today. I didn't think the mail would come at all today because of that. Mail men are brave to drive in snow without snow chains. (where would you find those in texas anyways? haha)
  Anyways, When my mom asked if I had checked the mail today, I told her no and my birthday boy brother went out into the snow to check it. When he came back in I hear him slowly call my name as if he knew something I didn't. I turned around and saw this huge grin on his face. I knew something was up then, and my heart started to race. He then proceded to pull a large white envelope from inside his jacket. that is when my body started to shake. I took the envelope from him and as I held it, tears of sheer happiness started to cloud my vision. ahh I absolutley love that feeling. I ran upstairs to grab my camera and in the process, I was trying to fumble with my phone to post on facebook that it was here. Then when I got back downstairs we tried to figure out who to call for the openning. I really didn't care who heard by that time. So we just decided to call my grandmother, and everyone else could find out later. Once we got a hold of her my heart started to race even faster and the filming began. When I openned the letter the sheer happiness feeling came back again. I then proceeded to read the letter and as I did the spirit was so strong and calming to me. I just wanted to stay in that moment for forever. I knew that I was meant to go to New Jersey as soon as I read it. Oh what a FANTASTIC feeling to have.  I cannot wait for March 23rd to come, to share this sheer happiness and joy that comes from my Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ and the "good news" they give us. Morristown, New Jersey here I come! Ooh I absolutley LOVE this!!
Love,
Heather

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! That feeling didn't hit me till I passed through the missionary door way at the MTC. Lol! I felt so silly!
    You are going to be an amazing missionary. I would have been honored to have you as one of my compainions.

    ReplyDelete